Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Puppy Take Home Dates

This week I have had a high level of unusual requests from people so I wanted to address the issue to hopefully help educate people. I try very hard to make my website informative but there's a major hitch, it seems that people don't take the time to read it or, if they do, some don't seem to think that some of it applies to them. With that being said let's discuss the take home/shipping dates for my puppies. When I have an available puppy posted on the website I will have a picture along with an informative paragraph below the picture telling you the color, gender, date of birth, take home date, shipping date, price and any other relevant information about the puppy. Here is an example of a post on the "Puppies for Sale" page of my website:

I post all of this information so that we are all on the same page, everyone knows when the puppy was born (be wary of breeders who don't post birthdates about their puppies,) everyone knows the price, and everyone knows the date that the puppies are ready to pick up or be shipped. The take home/shipping date is what a majority of people don't seem to take seriously and I don't know why.

This week I have had someone ask me if they can pick up their puppy a couple days earlier than their take home date because it's more convenient for them. This week I had someone ask me if they could come and pick up a 14 day old puppy this weekend. This week I had someone ask me if they could pick up a puppy two weeks earlier than their take home date because of the holidays and on and on and on…………

The take home and shipping dates that I have posted on the website are not negotiable! No, you cannot pick up a puppy a day or two earlier because it's more convenient, no puppies cannot go home two weeks early because of the holidays, etc. The puppies need to go through a weaning process, they need to be weaned off of their mother's milk, they need to be vaccinated, and I need to be sure that they are healthy and eating/drinking on their own, this all takes time and cannot be interrupted. On top of all that I am a licensed breeder and I have rules to follow, in the state of Wisconsin puppies cannot leave until they are 7 week old when being picked up and 8 weeks old when being shipped, no exceptions, not even by a day.  (There will always be people out there that will say that's too young, too old, etc. I didn't make the law, I follow it, and I will not let a puppy leave if I don't feel they are ready.)

Most of our puppies are adopted at a very early age and the families adopting them are immediately made aware of the take home/shipping dates that the puppies are ready on so please take that seriously and plan ahead to make that date a priority. There have been so many times that people have tried to change the date because they've wanted to make other plans and that makes me nervous because a new puppy is supposed to be a priority and if you can't make time in your life to pick them up when they are ready (when you've had several weeks notice) how are you going to make time for them in your life?

For current information about the Cockapoo Puppies we have for sale please visit our website at:
www.cutecockapoos.com